How Do I Install Tub Treads?
If you are planning to, or have already purchased, any of the following products, this guide is for you. If you have purchased our recyclable bathtub treads or treads with suction cups, then these steps aren't required because they use suction cups rather than adhesive.
Applicable SlipX® Solutions® Products
- Read How to Clean and Prepare Your Tub guide.
- Lay out your treads or appliques in the tub without taking the adhesive backing off to make sure you have the pattern you want.
- Once you're satisfied with your layout, peel the backing off of the first applique.
- Eliminate as many air bubbles as possible by pressing firmly starting in the middle and working your way toward the edges. This will ensure consistent contact on the entire surface.
- Wait 4 hours (or longer) before getting the treads wet. If possible, we recommend waiting 24 hours.
For removal, please refer to our tutorial on tread removal.
How to Install Tub Tattoos
The following video review is a customer submitted video review:
If you have any questions regarding the procedure above, or a topic not covered, please feel free to call us at (800) 968-0104 or use the contact us form.