Why is Tub Surface Preparation So Important?
Where you live, your family's bathing habits, and the hardness of your water can all have an effect on how well non-slip bathroom products stay put in your bathtub or shower. That said, if you follow the steps outlined below, your adhesive appliques, tub tattoos, and non slip treads from SlipX® Solutions® will stick securely and last a long time. If for any reason you have trouble, contact us and we'll take care of you!
Pre-Installation Cleaning Instructions
- Clean your tub as you normally would. Make sure not to use a silicon based cleaning solution. (For example, Comet is a non-silicon based cleaner that can work.)
- Thoroughly dry your tub, either letting it air dry or by using a towel.
- Wipe down your tub using rubbing alcohol and allow it to air dry.
These steps will ensure that all soap residue and mineral build-up are removed from your tub's surface. This will make sure the adhesive is in direct contact with the tub surface. Learn how to install appliques and tub treads.
- Allow newly installed treads to stand for 12 hours before use.
- Some bath oils can be harmful to the adhesive, making it more likely for treads or appliques to start peeling over time. To minimize this, make sure to pour all oils into a tub already filled with water.
Use These Tips For The Following Products
If you have any questions regarding the procedure above, or a topic not covered, please feel free to call us at (800) 968-0104 or use the contact us form.