Why Tub Surface Preparation is Important
Your geographical location, your family's bathing habits, and the hardness of your water can all have an effect on how well bathroom products stay put in your bathtub or shower. That said, if you follow the simple steps outlined below, your adhesive appliques, tub tattoos, or non slip treads from Slip-X Solutions will stick securely and last a long time. If for any reason you have trouble with our bathroom products after following these instructions, simply contact us and we'll take care of you!
Bathtub Cleaning Procedure
- Clean your tub as you normally would. Make sure not to use a silicon based cleaning solution.
- Thoroughly dry your tub, either by air or using a dry towel.
- Wipe down your tub using rubbing alcohol and allow it to completely air dry.
These steps will insure that all soap residue and mineral build-up are removed from your tub's surface. This will make sure the adhesive is in direct contact with the tub surface.
Additional Recommended Tips
- Allow at least 4 hours to dry before using the tub. If possible, we recommend waiting a full 24 hours before using your tub.
- Some bath oils can be harmful to the adhesive, making it more likely for treads or appilques to start pealing over time. To minimize this, make sure to pour all oils into a tub already filled with water.
See our related tips on installation of appliques and tub treads.
Use These Tips For The Following Products
If you have any questions regarding the procedure above, or a topic not covered, please feel free to call us at (800) 968 - 0104 or use the contact us form.